Saturday, October 24, 2009

philippine fashion week (SM runway show)







dress used as a top and ring from my grandma's closet. People R People skinnies. H&M pumps and cuff. Chanel 2.55

and

here's a glimpse of the show:




for more, click here.


i've always loved fashion but i've never been to Philippine Fashion Week before so i was so excited when Chonx invited me to the event. however, chonx invited me monday night and the event was wednesday already so i literally slept at 2 am thinking of what to wear. i seriously have no more clothes. SERIOUSLY. so, i've decided to wear my sheer one shoulder dress but then come wednesday and Abby texted me what the whole Philippine Star Features Team was wearing and i had to really rethink my outfit...LAST MINUTE! the bad news was i was in my grandma's house and i have no clothes there except for my pambahay and other pang-tamad clothes. so, just like the old times, naghalungkat ako ng baol ng lola ko just to find something chic yet simple. so...that's the story of my outfit. i felt so underdressed (told abby i looked like i was going to a dinner date instead of fashion week plus i was having a bad hair day PFFFT!)! =( but not really though cos i was with "simple chic" people too and i knew that i was going to PFW again on friday so i totally had time to redeem myself LOL.

about the show, I LOVED IT!!!! i actually wished we were going to watch the SM runway show cos that the only thing that i was interested in wednesday's PFW schedule. SM is such a staple in my wardrobe. even if SM stands for "Sobrang Mahal" nowadays compared to before, it still beats street brands like zara, topshop and even local competitors like bench and penshoppe. plus, i REALLY believe that "they've got everything for you!" too =)

the show was full of sequined, studs, zippers, watercolor and power shoulders. i totally loved the shoes!!! parisian is THE best! i am so excited to get my hands on the heeled oxfords, studded booties and heels! i do hope though that they have it in my size and that it won't be "Sobrang Mahal" LOL

for more stories, read chonx blog here.
special thanks to abby for patiently taking my pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment