Wednesday, September 29, 2010

channeling alexa on my bday weekend

HAPPY MIDWEEK LOVELIES :)

so here are some other photos from my bday weekend (as if my celeb on my exact bday wasn't enough! see bday blog post here)...it was surprising that the skies cleared out for my bday weekend because last week was just freezing! it was i think 22 degrees celcuis last saturday and although that would be like baguio weather already in the philippines, it felt hot! i think my skin is slowly adapting to canada's weather...which is a good thing because ever since i got here, all of my concerns are skin-related. i had soooooo many issues!!! luckily, my skin is getting better and i now know how to moisturize, moisturize, moisturize! :)

so i had an extended celebration last weekend. it was a small celebration because i don't really know anyone here YET and even if i know people, they're from far awaaaaay. canada is just too big, man, i'm telling you! so i had 5 guests--my sister, my brother-in-law, my friend (from the PI and now from cochrane) grace, grace's hubby, steve and my brother-in-law's officemate and now my friend too (cos we are bounded by local showbiz chismis HAHA), carla. i had a small filipino feast of pancit (for long life, of course!), lumpiang shanghai, lechon manok, lechon kawali, escabeche, veggies and a black forest cake c/o carla :) yes, it was too much for my 5 guests. i ate leftovers until yesterday. LOL! and to make the filipino feast complete, may videoke at inuman :)

about the outfit...i was feeling alexa chung-ish ;) that's all.


















here are some photos inside our house (that turned into an instant studio, ha!) 
and of the small celebration :)








American Eagle dress. denim jacket. Aldo sling bag. combat boots from Value Village. Garage rose ring. Tomato strawberry necklace. aviators.
(2) Costa Blanca jeggings
Garage rose rings
H&M ankle sneakers
iPhone cover

i think i've treated myself well enough :) :) :)
then again, no more excuses when it comes to shopping and pigging out for the next 11 months...sigh :(

photos by benj

No comments:

Post a Comment